Introduction

     Hello, my name is Amy Van Harten and I teach K-8 Technology at Creative Technologies Academy. I have been teaching for 19 years. I started at a GVSU Charter School (Knapp) for 10 years and this is my 9th year at CTA. I also am the Testing Coordinator for my school. I love learning new things to teach my students. One of the best parts of my job is that it is not static. Every year I learn something new to teach my students. I am also trained by Code.org and my middle schoolers learn CS Discoveries. 

    Level 1 Certification taught me ways to streamline what I already knew in Google. Through Lissa's organization of Google Classroom I changed how I have been doing it and so far my students really appreciate it. With my 5th Graders we are becoming "experts" at different applications that are in Google Drive. It is a nice way to get them more comfortable with applications that they aren't using as much.

    I really enjoyed the L1 Cohort and I decided if I was going to do it that doing it right now was the best time. The SCECH's also help. :) I am excited to work with Lissa again!



***I am the older one on the right ;)

Comments

  1. Aww, Amy! I always love working with you and I'm so glad you're back. Now is the time to strike, you know the process, and are ready for new and deeper content! I'm excited to see what you take away from this and how it impacts you, your students, and your school community! I'm also glad to hear that the experience learning through our L1 Google Classroom inspired you to make some changes. Bravo for always being open to new ideas and refining to make things work even BETTER than before! I hope you have fun learning (I know you always do), and enjoy this next round as much (if not more) than the first. PS. For a second there, I thought there was TWINS in the pic...ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GCE L2 Units 1 & 2 Reflection

GCE L2 Units 3 & 4 Reflection

GCE L2 Units 6 & 7 Reflection